As we approach the 20th anniversary of WordPress on May 27, 2023, the Make Marketing team is thrilled to introduce the #WP20 From Blogs to Blocks campaign. This initiative aims to celebrate both WordPress itself and the amazing community that has helped it thrive over the years.
From Blogs to Blocks creates intentional moments for the WordPress community to reflect on the journey we’ve gone on so far and to dream of what’s to come.
Each daily action symbolizes the millions of individual actions that have come together to make WordPress what it is today.
Here’s an overview of the campaign:
Acknowledging the diverse nature of our community, the #WP20 From Blogs to Blocks campaign highlights a variety of interests and skills. From May 7 to May 27, 2023, the WordPress Make Marketing blog will present five daily WordPress-related prompts, encompassing:
- Blogging: WordPress-related questions or suggestions for a related action that can be expressed through writing, video, audio, or visual/digital art. The key is to post your responses on a WordPress blog or website, showcasing the versatility of WordPress as a platform.
- Developing: These prompts are for those who want to participate on the technical side of the platform, from testing and pull requests to building blocks.
- Designing: With an emphasis on designing and creation, these prompts aim to inspire the creative minds who bring WordPress to life visually.
- Photography: Aimed at anyone who likes to take pictures, prompts for contributions to the WordPress Photo Directory will bring our worlds together while enriching our community’s visual resources.
- Community: Actions to support the WordPress community and the project as a whole. These prompts are meant to foster contribution and connection among community members.
Feel free to mix and match your focus each day or create your own daily action to showcase your WordPress expertise, memories, and enthusiasm!
Those who participate by sharing at least one action during the campaign as a comment on a #WP20 From Blogs to Blocks post will receive recognition from the Marketing team, and possibly on their WordPress.org profile. Additionally, participants who contribute an action to all 20 posts before WCUS in August 2023 will receive special acknowledgment for their achievement. We eagerly anticipate celebrating your dedication and contributions to our flourishing community!
Let’s commemorate the past, present, and future of WordPress, and keep empowering each other to develop a superior web experience for all.
The #WP20 From Blogs to Blocks campaign kicks off on May 7, 2023.
Subscribe to the marketing blog to have the daily prompt post delivered straight to your inbox (sign up in the sidebar). If you’re interested in assisting with drafting the prompts, the deadline for prompt suggestions is May 2, 2023.